Friday, April 13, 2012

Blogs I liked

The 2 blog posts that I chose to write about were Joyce's blog post on the Hunger Games, and Jamila's blog post on Starry Night by Tupac.

In Joyce's blog post, she did a great job of comparing the 2 characters. You could tell that she had been thinking about the questions she was asking in her own righting. I really liked how she added which character she was rooting for and why. Also in the intro of her post, she wrote like she was talking to the reader. She also asked them a thought provoking question before she wrote about the characters. I liked that she gave her opinion on the 2 characters, and how she asked the reader of her post questions. The post was really well written, and I enjoyed reading it.

In Jamila's blog post , I really like how she started her intro paragraph. She wrote an opening sentence that explained what she was going to be writing about. I like how she broke down the different parts of the song, and put the lyrics in her own words. I like how she used the lyrics as a sort of evidence to support her idea of the song. You can tell that she really read through the lyrics and really thought about what she was writing.

There are many good writing techniques that I picked up from Joyce and Jamila's writing. There are some things that I would like to try out in my writing. I might try comparing 2 of my characters in my book like Joyce did. I also might add a little bit of my opinion without pushing my ideas too much like Joyce did. I also might try opening my response with a strong sentence that states what I am going to write about like Jamila did. I really enjoyed reading both of those blog posts, and will try out some of the techniques in my own writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment